20130926

What Next?

Communication
Funny thing. After I got myself all pumped up for the Assessment test, and submitted them to WGU, I expected to hear fairly quickly how I had done. After all, most of the exam was multiple choice, which means that it is probably graded by a computer. And that grading probably took place almost instantly after I was done. But, no... I heard nothing.

Mitch
I have not yet mentioned this, but I have an "enrollment mentor". He is a nice enough guy. For the purposes of this blog we will call him, "Mitch." This isnt his actual name, of course. But, I have named him Mitch because he sounds like the Mitch on Modern Family. So, when I talk to him, I picture Mitch. Its more fun that way. Anyway... Mitch calls me every Monday afternoon like clockwork. After his last call, I only wanted to know two things. First, how did I do on that test? And second, do you guys have my transcripts yet?

The answer to my first question was, "They dont tell you your results unless you failed. Looking at your file, there no flags, so you must have passed." Great! Two points... 1) I sure would like to have gotten an email saying that! and 2) I'm extremely competitive... I want to know my score!! I am certain that I have scored the highest score that test has ever seen and that they graded it three times, just to be sure. Since they wont say, I'm pretty much free to assume whatever I want.

On my second question... nope... no transcripts. But, hey, give them a week or so. Which I did. And when Mitch called again, still no transcripts. So, I finally just had to call the University... not WGU... the real University... the one who sold me that pretty degree with the lovely frame and matching gold ring. The ring that is now worth about two grand because of the price of gold. Ohhh... they hadnt gotten around to sending that just yet. So, after being nice to them for a few minutes, they promised they would send them ASAP. Thanks, guys. Good to know that nothing has changed at the old Alma Mater.

Conclusion
And sooo... that is where we are. They are waiting on the transcripts so that can evaluate them and then tell me that I need to take two freshman classes of Econ. Which, I will probably do at StraighterLine. And of course, I will let you know how that turns out. In the meantime, I see this entire thing being pushed back to January. Assuming they get the transcript this week and can get it evaluated in some reasonable amount of time. Once that happens, I will still need to sign up for my economics courses, get those knocked down, and then move forward with WGU.

No comments:

Post a Comment